Carefree enjoyment with these practical tips!
In all places accessible to the public throughout the territory of the West Coast municipalities - including Koksijde - residents aged 13 and over must wear a mouth mask.
This obligation takes effect immediately. It is only when the figures are moving in the right direction that it will be examined whether these regulations will be relaxed.
- on the beach, in the dunes and nature reserves
- during journeys by car, bicycle or motorised vehicle
- during the practice of an intensive sporting activity
- during work requiring strenuous physical exertion
Walking is not considered an intensive sporting activity and wearing a mouth mask is always compulsory.
Wearing a mouth mask is also compulsory when cycling on sea dikes and in shopping streets.
- the Strandlaan from the intersection with the Jan Pootlaan/Smeyerslaan to the Zeedijk
- the Zeelaan from the roundabout with the Lejeunelaan/Van Buggenhoutlaan/Bliecklaan to the Koninklijke Baan
- Eugenie Terlinckplein
- Leopold II-laan from the crossroads with Egelantierlaan to Albert I-laan
An exception is provided for those who have a medical certificate that it is not possible to wear a mouth mask. In this case, however, you must wear a face shield (if wearing a mask or any fabric alternative is not possible).
To consume food and drink in places accessible to the public, you may remove the mouth mask temporarily and for no longer than is strictly necessary.